Due to a number of recent agency wins, Boom! is looking for a Media Relations Manager. Working on existing client accounts, this is a high profile, Account Manager role within the company and there is a real opportunity for you to progress your career with us.
You will play a leading role in promoting our consumer and entertainment brand clients in the media. You have an accumulated knowledge of the media’s editorial agenda, having built relationships with consumer & trade media and key bloggers. You’re creative and can craft captivating angles, stories and materials that stimulate interest in the media and generate standout media coverage for our clients.
We’re looking for someone who’s smart and tenacious, with a nose for news. You’re a consummate professional who demonstrates grace under pressure. Well-connected and familiar with both traditional & new media, you will have a strong track record of generating positive coverage.
With existing agency experience under your belt, you will have worked with consumer lifestyle and/or video games brands. However, just as important as experience and ability is attitude. If you’re a tenacious, creative, self-motivated PR professional looking for rapid career progression we want to hear from you.
- Monitor media and liaise with traditional and new media contacts on a daily basis
- Craft excellent written materials on behalf of our clients including campaign documents, press releases, presentations, status reports, evaluation reports.
- Write comprehensive briefing documents for agency suppliers
- Lead event planning and management i.e. press conferences, corporate events, launches, photo calls
- Play a key role in contributing to the agency’s new business pitches
- Commission and analyse research including surveys and focus groups
- Develop and implement PR programmes in line with agreed client objectives and strategy, and develop contingency plans
- Work in collaboration with senior agency staff to maintain excellent levels of client management and relationships
- Manage all financial aspects of your client, including fees, budget management, invoicing
- Organise and chair internal, client and supplier meetings
- Present effectively in a variety of situations
- Consumer brand client experience
- Proven track record of generating impressive media coverage & genuine passion for all aspects of the media
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-driven, results orientated with a positive outlook, and a clear focus of high quality and business profit
- Willingness to learn and proactive approach to acquiring responsibility
- Attention to detail
- Can perform well under pressure and turn around written documents quickly
- Experience in leveraging social media on behalf of clients
- Excellent time management and prioritisation
- A completer/ finisher with high level of personal ownership of team performance
- Familiar with a structured campaign planning process
- Video game industry PR experience
Please email your application with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 30 January 2011
The Agency reserves the right to vary this job description in consultation with the post holder
This job description is current as of the date shown below. In consultation with the post holder, it is liable to variation, to reflect or anticipate changes in the job.