Due to a number of recent agency wins, Boom! is looking for a Social Media Account Manager. Working on existing client accounts, this is a high profile role and there’s a real opportunity for you to progress your career in this small yet dynamic agency.
You will play a leading role in driving audience engagement for our consumer and entertainment brand clients in the social media space. You’ll have a strong grasp and demonstrable knowledge of social media, being immersed in it personally as well as professionally.
An experienced user of social media platforms, you will be a natural online publicist. You’ll have experience of running social media campaigns for consumer brands and will be an expert in instigating and participating in valuable consumer conversations on behalf of our clients.
You will be able to produce excellent written materials and understand the importance of creating engaging content and maintaining the appropriate etiquette. You will have a broad experience with a variety of monitoring and evaluation tools and may also have some basic HTML and image manipulation skills.
In addition to your social media expertise, you’ll have accumulated a detailed knowledge of the traditional media’s editorial agenda, having built relationships with consumer & trade media and key bloggers. You’ll have a strong agency track record in traditional consumer lifestyle campaigns, either as Account Executive or Account Manager.
This is a great opportunity to make a name for yourself and play a key role in a new agency. If you are a self-starter with a hands-on approach to work and a passion for digital communications then we’d like to hear from you. In return we offer a competitive salary, the opportunity to work on some great brands and excellent career potential.
- Develop and implement social media campaigns, in line with agreed client objectives
- Develop and manage the online presence of clients on social networks and forums
- Monitor and participate in online conversations using a range of free and paid-for tools
- Identify the relevant influencers, advocates and detractors in a range of communities
- Train and support clients in social media best practice and participation strategies
- Monitor media and liaise with traditional and new media contacts on a daily basis
- Devise and deploy acquisition strategies/ incentives to encourage fans and followers to our clients’ social media profiles
- Craft excellent written materials on behalf of our clients including campaign documents, proposals, press releases, presentations, status reports, evaluation reports
- Support the agency team at live events, i.e. press conferences, corporate events, photo calls
- Play a key role in contributing to digital aspects of the agency’s new business pitches
- Present effectively in a variety of situations
- Using Wordpress, upload a regular blog and news and onto the agency website
- Experience in leveraging social media on behalf of clients
- Good understanding of internet principles and best practices
- Excellent copywriting abilities
- Attention to detail is critical
- Proven track record of generating impressive online media coverage
- Comprehensive understanding of social media and functionality of the key social networking sites like Twitter, Facebook and MySpace
- Administration or moderation experience in forums and online communities
- MS Office, Keynote, Photoshop
- Confident user of Apple Mac computers
- Familiar with web analytics software (Google Analytics, Webtrends or Omniture)
- Good understanding of how to measure and monitor conversations online
- Excellent time management and prioritisation
- Willingness to learn and proactive approach to acquiring responsibility
- A finisher/completer with high level of personal ownership of team performance
- Self-driven, results orientated with a positive outlook, and a clear focus of high quality and business profit
- A knowledge of video gaming and gaming communities
- Familiar with a structured campaign planning process
- Consumer brand client experience
- Basic HTML, and experience using Wordpress or similar CMS
- Good image manipulation and demonstrable design skills in new media
- Experience with SEO management and best practices
Please email your application with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 30th June 2010
The Agency reserves the right to vary this job description in consultation with the post holder
This job description is current as of the date shown below. In consultation with the post holder, it is liable to variation, to reflect or anticipate changes in the job.