Boom! PR, our industry-leading global B2B PR and creative communications consultancy, has one goal – to help our clients sell more content, services and their businesses around the world through building the profile and reputation of their brands and content.
About the role
We’re seeking a PR Account Manager to manage all aspects of media relations and thought leadership activity for our international client portfolio of world-class content producers, distributors, channels and related businesses. Based out of our offices in Elstree TV & Films Studios (once COVID restrictions allow), you’ll play a key role working with some of the world’s best content creators across a wide variety of genres. You’ll work directly with the founder of the business who is committed to investing in your career development.
You love the TV industry, writing, the media and helping businesses succeed. You’ve probably been gaining experience as an Account Executive or Journalist in the B2B sector of the TV and content industry for a couple of years. You’ve got a can-do, positive attitude, great relationships with the global TV industry trade media and can demonstrate a clear understanding of what makes a story and what doesn’t. You get a kick out of generating business-changing media coverage, helping businesses succeed and beating challenging targets.
If this sounds like you – let’s talk!
Responsibilities and duties
- Creation and implementation of media relations activity, maintaining and exceeding our industry-renowned gold standard of excellence
- Writing press releases and opinion pieces, liaising with the media and clients, selling-in to journalists, assisting with new business pitches and day-to-day client and campaign management to ensure the smooth running of your accounts
- Crafting high quality written materials on behalf of Boom! and our clients including copywriting, Q&A documents, ghost writing, thought leadership articles, status reports, proposals, web copy and editorial articles
- Collaboration with senior team members to maintain excellent levels of client satisfaction and relationships with media
- Monitoring industry media and liaising with key media contacts on a daily basis
- Daily media monitoring and maintenance of our exhaustive agency database of key media contacts
- Utilisation of online reporting tools and KPI tracking
- Social media and website management
- Event planning and management for both client and consultancy i.e. press conferences, launches, corporate events, press schedules, photo calls industry events, markets and seminars
- Networking and socialising with clients and new business prospects
- Occasional national/ international travel to industry events
Qualifications and skills
- A passion for the TV industry and its media
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience either in TV industry B2B PR or similar as a journalist
- Demonstrable record of generating impressive PR coverage for clients
- Strong writing skills
- Thorough understanding of TV business landscape and trade media
- Familiarity with digital monitoring, reporting social media and website management tools
- Highly competitive salary dependent on experience
- Flexi-working from home
- 25 days paid holiday entitlement (not including Bank Holidays)
- Workplace pension
If this sounds like you please email justin (at) boomdialogue (dot) com
No agencies please.